Tuesday, February 12, 2013

For I Resolve...

Sometimes I open my Bible to study and I read things about myself-as if someone looked deep inside my soul and penned the words. 

Kelly and I leave in two days for our vision trip to Colorado with our Church Planting partners, Jeff and Danielle, and some of our prayer partners.  We are SO excited about the trip, but I have to admit that I have had some anxiety over the past week.  My mind has raced, "What are we doing?" "I don't know how to do this!" "Are we crazy?!". 

I cannot imagine that I am the only "Church Planting Wife", or Christ Follower on the planet that feels this way, so I am just laying it out there and being honest. 

I resolve that I am weak.
 
I don't feel like I know enough, I haven't studied or read enough books on "How To Be a Good Church Planting Wife".  I don't have all the answers.  I don't have enough grace.  I don't have enough patience.  I don't have...I could go on and on...

And just in the middle of my "I don't haves..." My Sweet Jesus sends me words from Paul:

When I came to you, I did not come with eloquence of human wisdom as I proclaimed to you the testimony about God.  For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified.  I came to you in weakness and with great fear and trembling.  My message and my preaching were not with wise persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit's power, so that your faith might not rest on human wisdom, but on God's power. 1 Corinthians 2:1-5

Seriously?!  That's it?  I can have fear and lack wisdom and not be completely prepared!  In fact, I can know NOTHING except Jesus and His story and that is MORE than enough.  More than enough!  I am so relieved!  I feel so empowered. 

I resolve that I know Jesus, and I can testify to His story and the way it has worked in my life. 

I can talk all day about the ways I have seen His power revealed and His grace and mercy poured out.  I can do this!  What's even better is that I when I do, the Spirit's power is unleashed and HE gets the glory!

  "All scripture is God-breathed...so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." 2 Timothy 3:17

God breathed these words so that I may not be afraid, and so that you may be encouraged as well. 

If you are feeling like you can't do something that God has called you to do, look to the cross. 
If you are overwhelmed with life and circumstances surrounding you, look to the cross. 
If you are lacking wisdom, look to the cross. 
If you are weak and struggle with fear, look to the cross. 

Resolve to believe that the cross was enough.  Resolve to know Jesus. 

...so that your faith might not rest on human wisdom, but on God's power.  To Him be the glory!


No comments:

Post a Comment