Monday, May 7, 2012

I'm Stuck!

It has been three weeks since my return from Quito, Ecuador on a Compassion trip.  Not a day has gone by since I have been home that I have not thought of my sweet friends there.  It seems that my mind is stuck on them...I am okay with that because it reminds me to pray for them and to remember their stories.


I am stuck on Andrea and Omar.  They work at the Compassion office and are not only incredible hosts, but their love for Jesus and their jobs is beautiful.  They were made to do what they do!  I admire their passion for people and for their country.  They inspire me to want to make a difference in my own country as well.



I am stuck on Bellina.  She is a precious mother in the Child Survivor Program.  I visited her house on Saturday and when I asked if she was a believer she replied, "Not yet."  I worshipped with her on Sunday.  I sat with her.  I held her little girl.  I wiped her tears.  On Monday, I held her hand and she prayed to recieve Christ as her Savior.


I am stuck on Natalie.  She is the precious little doll baby that my family sponsors.  We are in love with her!  Her smile is contagious.  Her hugs will go down in history.  Her giggle still rings in my ears.  Her tears when we said goodbye still make my eyes well up and overflow.  I miss her.

I am stuck on Maribel.  She is Natalie's mother.  She is a dear friend.  Her story of rescue and redemption struck a cord in my soul.  She inspires me to never give up as a mother.  I look forward to the day we will meet again.


I am stuck on Elise, Gabriella and Isabella.  Three generations and beautiful hearts.  Gabriella is a Child Survivor Program mother.  I will always cherish the words of her mother after our picture together, "Now we are four generations, because you are our sister."


I am stuck on Alexandria.  Another CSP mother that so candidly opened her heart to me.  We shared tears, stories, prayers and hugs.  She told me that she would love me forever-I feel the same way.

What are you stuck on lately?  I could go on and on.  I want to be stuck on something that changes me daily.  Something that moves me to action-that makes me more like Christ.  I am afraid that all too often I get stuck in the muck and lose my focus, but for now, for this season, God has me longing to stick like glue to Him and for that, I am thankful.

By the way, you can share in these beautiful women's lives by becoming a sponsor of the Child Survivor Program.  Just click here www.compassion.com/joyfulmom



1 comment:

  1. Quite touching.This world needs more and more love. We start in small steps: I imagine what I would wish others do to/for me...and I take it from there. It is the only sure guide. Ever heard of anyone wanting bad for themselves?

    ReplyDelete