Thursday, September 13, 2012

Dear Lord Jesus,

Dear Lord Jesus,

I just love that for the next few minutes my world will stop.  I will not answer phone calls, text messages or emails.  I will not be interrupted by children.  I will not change laundry, stir dinner or pick up toys.  I love that the things that keep me too busy all too often are being put on the back burner.  For this moment, I want to focus on You and the gift you have given my family in Natalie.

When we received the news that there was a little girl in Ecuador that needed a sponsor, we were thrilled!  We knew that she needed us, but You knew that we needed her.  Your timing was perfect in sending us her picture!  As I prepared to lead a Compassion trip to Ecuador, you provided a way for our entire family to have a part!  Who knew that three little boys could have so much fun shopping for a little girl at Target!  Thank you for softening their young hearts to her.  They would have bought out the store if we could have afforded to!  It was precious to see them so carefully choose pictures to put in an album for Natalie.  You gave us an opportunity to once again talk about how much You have blessed us. 

Preparing, praying, shopping and packing for my trip did not in anyway prepare me for what You had planned.  I claimed Jeremiah 33:3, "Call upon me and I will show you great and mighty things declares the Lord." I believed You will all of my heart. 

Lord, we both know, that it had been a long time since I had so deeply desired for you to do a work in me.  I am so thankful for the mess that You made of me in Ecuador. 

I arrived at the church that Natalie attends and was greeted by several hundred children. I scanned the crowd for "our Natalie's" face.  Only You could ordain a moment like the one we had!  I will never forget the sound of my name being called by an unfamiliar voice.  I looked up to see a woman smiling from ear to ear and her words will forever ring my ears, "Brandi, my Natalie es su Natalie!"

The immediate bond that Marybelle and I shared is like none other.  Her Natalie, was also my Natalie, our Natalie, YOUR Natalie!  I understood love on a whole new level.  You opened my eyes to see just how needy I am, while allowing me to love and help the needy. 

Oh Lord, even now, I cannot contain my tears as I think of the hugs, stories, pictures and laughs that you gave us to share.  The four days that I spent with that family are by far, some of the best of my life. 

Lord, always remind me of how You answered prayers in both of our lives.  For Natalie and Marybelle, you gave them a sponsor.  You gave them hope by giving them to us!  Our family has been transformed by learning to pray for them and learning to make sacrifices (even though they are small) in order to send our monthly commitment.  You have helped us to take our eyes off of ourselves and to see and care for those who have less than us. 

I love that our children consider Natalie their sister.  We cannot get enough pictures of her.  We cannot get enough letters from her.  She is deeply connected to our hearts.  She belongs to us and we belong to her.  Father, how beautiful that You made us for each other!  We are a perfect match!  When you knitted each of us together in our mothers wombs, You had us pictured together!  You made us to care for and pray for each other.  You made Marybelle to be my precious friend and Natalie to be my other daughter. 

Thank you for placing a burning desire in my heart to know more about Compassion International.  Thank you for making a way for me to visit Ecuador and hold our precious Natalie in my arms.  Thank you Jesus, for making a way for her to attend school, go to church and have food and clothing.

You shared every moment with us.  You ordained every conversation.  You made a way for dreams to come true.  I ask you now, as I cry my eyes out, please Father make a way again.  Make a way for Natalie and her mother to be encouraged today.  Make a way for good meals to be on their table.  Make a way for her to get a good education.  Make a way for them to feel safe.  You CAN make a way, when their seems to be no way!  I trust in You each day to make a way for our Compassion family.

One more thing, is on my heart Lord.  Our sponsorship for Natalie and the Child Survivor Programs through Compassion are not enough.  Will you please prepare another family to be connected to us?  Will you please provide families in America, to provide for those in need around the world? Will you touch another heart today and give them the courage to step out in faith and sponsor a child?  You always make a way for us.  We never feel like we are going without, and yet our little donation impacts an entire family each month.  Thank you for your provision and thank you that I can trust you will provide for them. 

Open our eyes to see the world as You see it. Open our hearts to love others the way You love them.  Open our minds to grasp how amazing your plan is.  I need You  Father.  Natalie needs You.  I will forever praise You for allowing us to see that we needed each other. You planned our connection before we were born!  You are too good to me!

It is in the Sweet Name of Jesus that I pray, Amen.

If you are interested in sponsoring a child, the Lord already has one chosen for you!  You may do so at www.compassion.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment