Thursday, September 6, 2012

The Vision of Hope

"It is a land the Lord your God cares for; the eyes of the Lord your God are continually on it from the beginning of the year to its end." Deuteronomy 11:12


My eyes are drawn to the people and things that I love and care for.  Nothing makes me smile like a great picture of my family!  I love to look at pictures of my children all dressed up.  I love to look at pictures of them being silly and accomplishing great things.  I enjoy looking at sunsets, mountains and still lakes.  It makes me happy for my eyes to settle on a plate full of delicious food and it is especially delightful for my eyes to see a butterfinger blizzard from Dairy Queen!

What we see with our eyes has an effect on our heart. 

This passage of scripture tells us that "the eyes of the Lord are continually on the land".  The Lord Jesus cannot look at the land we live in, the land He cares for, and not be moved. The inhabitants of this land are his dearly loved ones.  The ones made in His image. 

What He sees with His eyes, effects His heart.

This month is very special to me.  It has the potential to change the way thousands of eyes see this land and their future.  This week kicks off "Blogger Month" with Compassion International.  I am a part of a team that has a goal to get over 3000 children sponsored during September 2012.  Over the course of the next few weeks, I will be prayerfully pouring my heart out to you.  It my desire to open your eyes to a tremendous need and an incredible way you can impact the world and generations to come!

Today, all I am asking, is that you look with your eyes into these www.compassion.com.  You will see eyes that are longing for hope.  Eyes that are hungry.  Eyes that have dreams.  Eyes that need Jesus.  Eyes that dance.  Eyes that cry.

The three minute video will inspire you to consider looking at yourself...it might even bring a tear to your eye.

Will what you see with your eyes effect your heart?
 
 
Of course, my dream is to get hundreds of children sponsored.  There is a greater calling though.  It is one that asks you to look at others like Jesus does.  Is is a calling that Christ has given us to care for those in our land the way He does.
 
If you cannot commit to $38 a month to sponsor a child, will you please commit to pray?  When I had the honor of meeting Natalie, the little girl that our family sponsors, I will NEVER forget the words her mother spoke to me. 
 
 "Brandi, we have prayed for you before we knew you.  We have prayed that God would send us a sponsor.  Brandi, you are our answered prayer."
 
 
You may be the answered prayer for a child, or you may be the avenue that God uses to inspire someone else.  Please visit www.compassion.com and see for yourself.  It is a small sacrifice that can give a vision of hope to a hurting and dying land.
 
Compassion International is releasing children from poverty in the Name of Jesus...will you please consider joining us?
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment