Thursday, September 27, 2012

From the heart of a child...

This, from my heart, as the heart of a child, longing, waiting to be sponsored: www.compassion.com

I am a child that could have lost my way,
But you came along and have saved the day!
I was hungry, lonely and my future looked dim
My family and I cried out to the Lord and trusted in Him.

I had friends who had sponsors and it changed their lives
I wanted that hope and joy in my life.
My mother would bring me to the church each week
In the rain, cold or hot, on our knees we would seek.


A sponsor from Compassion would mean hope for my nation.
With sponsorship, I believed I could change my generation!

"Father, please!" I would pray. "Open their eyes to see."
"I am cold, hungry and hurting and they can save me."

Every week for one year, we would make the walk to pray.
On our knees crying out and believing in the day.

When I received the letter that a family chose me,
We rejoiced and celebrated!  It was a time of jubilee!

I had hope!  I had a promise!  I knew my future would be good.
God had answered my prayers, just as I knew that He would!

My sponsor family is special.  I love them with all of my heart.
They have given my family a brand new start.

They sacrifice to send money for me.
I now do my best to work hard so they can see
It is worth every penny-none of it is wasted.
Because on my heart a promise a had been pasted,

"Child, you are precious, you matter to me.
I heard your cry and I heard your plea.
Do not worry about your future, I have touched some one's heart
They will be Me to you, you have a new start.
When things are hard and you feel scared
Read the letters that your sponsors have shared.
They will love you like you are their own
And though they are far away, you are never alone."

Pictures and letters may be all that I have for now,
But I will dream daily of receiving my crown.
I now know Christ personally, because you gave.
And we will worship together in heaven one day!

At this moment, 2, 574 children have been sponsored this month!  We still have 534 children waiting!  This poem could be their story and you could be who they are praying for.  Will you please consider sponsoring a child? www.compassion.com It has truly changed our family!  If already sponsor, will you please send this to them?  Let's be Jesus to the world and work together to rescue them from poverty in His name!  I believe we can do it. www.compassion.com

No comments:

Post a Comment