Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I had to go....

It was one year ago that I first heard about Compassion International's Child Survivor Program.  I received a card in the mail from one of my oldest, dearest friends.  She had just returned from Ecuador where she had gone to learn about this program.  Her heart was broken and she wanted others to see what she had seen.  Her card and the picture on the back captivated me. 

We both served at Passion 2011 in Fort Worth the week after I got the card.  I looked her in the eyes and said, "I have to go!  We cannot just talk about it and send our money, it is not enough.  We have to go."  I began to research and make Stephanie crazy with my questions about the ladies in Ecuador.  The more I knew, the more I loved them!  I shared my passion at a Beth Moore Simulcast in September and God brought a multitude of ladies who felt the same way!  They not only agreed to sponsor the CSP, which is a $20 per month donation from 105 people, many wanted to go with us.

I am so blessed to say that we leave on Thursday for this trip that we many of us only dreamed.  God has ordained a precious group of ladies. Some have travelled the world, some have waited their entire lives for this opportunity, I doubt that any of us can fathom what God has in store. 

We will love on mothers in another country, because we understand what it is like to be a mother. 

We will hold babies and smile and giggle at their sweet faces, because all babies are beautiful and God made us to go nuts over them. 

We will play with children and blow bubbles, and paint finger nails, and pass out candy and laugh and cry when we have to say goodbye, because a smile speaks a thousand words and we don't have to speak their language to laugh with them.

Some of us will get to spend a day with the child that we sponsor through Compassion.  At the end of it, we will better understand that what we give each month is not enough.

We will all leave a piece of our hearts in Ecuador, but we will come back full of Jesus.  It is because of Him we are going.

Follow along, I will do my best to show you what we see.  It is my prayer that your heart would be touched and that you would consider becoming a sponsor yourself.  You can check out personally for yourself  at www.Compassion.com/Joyfulmom.

1 comment: