Friday, April 13, 2012

Let the Children Come

I woke this morning with the same words going over and over in my mind..."Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." Matthew 19:14.

Today we will go to the children and they will come to see what we have brought.  I am imagining their little faces.  Their sweet smiles.  Their laughter. Their uncertainty. Will they be happy that we came?  Will they really receive what we came here to give?

When Jesus calls his children to Him we find forgiveness, peace, unconditional love, security, acceptance, confidence, redemption, grace and mercy (Ephesians 1). It is an inheritance that is offered to all when we maintian relationship with God.

As the children come to us today, may they find Jesus.  May our eyes, smiles, hugs, hands, and feet point them to the One that brought us here.  I pray that today we give to the children what God has given us. 

At the end of the day, I am sure that I will have been given far more than I ever imagined.  Lord, please let this day be far more than any of the children we encounter ever imagined.  As the children come today, let them come to You through us and may You be glorified!


No comments:

Post a Comment