Monday, April 16, 2012

There are so many words to blog today that I am not sure how to make them come out.  Today there are tears.  Lots and lots of tears.  Just when I think another tear cannot flow from eyes, they easily flow again. 

We have seen more today than most people see in a lifetime. 

Today, we saw salvation!  Many ladies gave their life to Christ.  Roxanna, a preicous friend on our trip who speaks Spanish told the story of Daniel in the Lions Den today and the Holy Spirit fell down on the sanctuary.  I am telling you, I did not know a single word she said and yet I agreed and believed every single word!  We were crying and yelling "Amen!" and clapping and celebrating and in the end several of our new friends gave their lives to Christ.  Others asked for special prayer for needs in their lives.

Today, I wept with women who do not undertand a word that I speak.  We held each other and hugged and prayed and we did not want to let each other go.

Today, I saw smiles on the faces of women who have never had a picture of themselves or their babies.  They very carefully made frames and placed their trueasure inside.

Today, I held babies that were dirty and smelled bad.  I was compelled to hug them and love them and kiss them, because they were beautiful.

Today, I was asked to be in pictures and share smiles with sisters in Christ that I will probably not see again in this lifetime but will worship beside them in heaven.

Today, I visited the absolute worst living conditions possible.  I sat with my friend Fanny and shared a meal in her home that had dirt floors, no running water and the closest bathroom was 2 blocks away.  It hurts my heart too badly to to try and explain to you what it was like.  I cannot post pictures for lack of time. 

Today, I cried as I said to goodbye to my sponsor child and her mother and to the women who say "You made me feel like a doll because you painted my fingernails and brushed my hair."  It was a very difficult goodbye. 

We have a meeting and I have to run, but you needed to hear at this moment what my day was like....how was your day?

No comments:

Post a Comment