Friday, April 13, 2012

Messed up by a moment

What a day it has been!  I will tell you now that this won't be long...my words are few for my heart has been messed with in a HUGE way today!  God has been all over us.  He has shown up in ways that we have asked and in ways that we have never imagined.  We have been humbled, hugged, honored, bent and broken.  It has been done in the sweet name of Jesus.

We drove up the street and could see balloons and flags waving!  What you cannot see is that there were 200 of them!  We walked through the lines hugging, greeting, kissing and smiling at each little face.  They celebrated us coming to visit them and it was more than I thought I could take!

We prayed and as lunch was served, we began to play.  I took out purple nail polish and became a Rock Star!  It was with children climbing all over me wanting nails painted that my moment happened.  The moment that I have prayed to have for a very long time.

I heard someone yelling my name and jumping up and down.  I looked up to see a smiling woman that I had never seen before.  Her words made my heart stop.  "Brandi, my Natalie es su Natalie! You sponsor my daughter!  Here she is!"  Suddenly a beautiful little girl lunged into my arms and I will never be the same.  She hugged me like I have never been hugged.  She looked in my eyes like she was soaking them in to remember them her entire life and I did the same with her.

Her sweet mother thanked me for choosing her child.  She told me that even though she had never seen the faces of my family, she prayed everyday for us.  That my family was her family.  At that moment, I felt the same way.

Natalie never left my side today.  I cannot tell you how many times we hugged.  She sat on my lap.  She sang me a song.  We took a lot of pictures...I will see her again in the morning and it will be another glorious day.  For now, I am going to bed with a full heart that has been wrecked by a moment.  I pray I have another one tomorrow.  Have you had a moment that wrecked you?  Pray for one, Jesus uses those to change us.

No comments:

Post a Comment